Make the Future! is my new series, and my educational publishing debut! Published by the wonderful people at Hawker Brownlow Education, Make the Future! is designed to empower kids to make their world a more sustainable – and awesome – place. Check out the blurb for the first book below:
Can primary students really change the world? Yes, they can – and this book shows them how!
Make the Future! Hands-On Sustainability Lessons for Years 5 & 6 is a cross-curriculum STEM resource that gives real meaning to the idea of sustainability. It contains ten different activities for each year level, designed to supplement Australian Curriculum instruction by addressing the Sustainability cross-curriculum priority, as well as reproducible worksheets and teachers’ notes.
Make the Future! features
• STEM-rich activities that support the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics, Science, Technologies, Humanities and Social Sciences, English, Health and Physical Education and The Arts learning areas, as well as the Sustainability cross-curriculum priority
• data from the most up-to-date and credible sources, including the United Nations, the CSIRO and the Environmental Protection Authority Victoria
• hands-on, practical activities based on traditional skills – students can make their own upcycled clothing, cook planet-friendly (and allergen-free) food, create storage solutions from waste materials and much more
• whole-class, small-group and individual work with options for a range of skill levels
• opportunities for multi-year-level collaboration, self-directed learning and community engagement
• content that actively develops key life skills, such as financial planning, nutritional knowledge and goal-setting.
Make the Future! brings sustainability to life in the classroom, while empowering your students to make a tangible difference to their future – and to have fun at the same time!
The first book in the series, aimed at Years 5 & 6, will be released on October the 16th 2017. Books for lower primary (Years 1 & 2) and middle primary students (Years 3 & 4) are coming soon too. Interested? Find out more at:
Hawker Brownlow Education
P.O. Box 580, Moorabbin, Victoria 3189
Ph: (03) 8558 2444 Fax: (03) 8558 2400